Saturday, June 21, 2008

No Alcohol please...

Did I actually say in that last post that alcohol always makes me feel better? D'oh! Well not this morning! Since I walked in my door at 5am this morning, my head has been pounding and dare I actually say I almost feel quite like vomiting. Yuck.

So I met some friends last night at Cross Street Market in Baltimore for sushi - however, had someone not brought *that particular* sushi to a party I was at a few weekends ago, I would never have sat down.

All I kept thinking about while waiting for the sushi, was how many health code violations I was seeing. Even the sushi making guy, had just had his food delivered. That as it turns out however, was nothing. The beer & sushi were damn good, there was a group of 6 of us, so the conversations were hilarious, and I'd actually moved my mind completely off all the reasons one could probably very easily get E.Coli while being there, when I saw it. A bloody rat ran right across the floor next to our table. My purse and feet were on the floor. I just about died. I scooped my feet up and onto my friends lap, and ok, now I know why I probably hadn't hung out in Baltimore much.

Aren't they only supposed to come out late at night, and certainly not in the place that you're having dinner? Totally grossed me out. That and the fact that it could have been mistaken for a small CAT. I practically ran out of the market building. My 5 friends, all from Baltimore, thought I was a nut.

We then went onto the Burlesque show featuring Trixie Little. Not thinking about rats in of itself required that I start with The Long Island Iced Teas... ooooh 3 later, I shoulda quit, but seriously it was only like 10pm at that point, and the "burlesque" show, well that was not quite what I'd imagined it to be, and really what else is there to do in a place like that, except drink?

After that show was over we decided to go dance at The Hippo - however, of all friggin nights, there was *no* dancing, just a drag queen show, and I just was not in the mood for all that, but what the hell, let's have another Long Island... Do you see how the night went?

So.... Are you there "Vodka", "Rum", "Tequila"? It's me.. Nichole...
Please forgive me, I'm about to sin, but I won't be seeing you for a few days.

1 comment:

Mistress Nichole said...

Yeah just like Chelsea Lately...