Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's my birthday!!! YEAH ;-)

I totally forgot about pointing all of you in the direction of my pressie list! Don't worry, I can deal with late presents ;-)

I had a great night last night. I went over to Jules' place around 6ish with a ton of fresh flowers from Eastern Market, a cake & a couple of bottles of wine from Balducchis. I found vases for all the flowers, put them all over the house (Jules really needed some cheering up, and she'd chosen to cover somebody elses shifts all day at the gym, on HER birthday)... While I was doing that Olivia was cooking up an awesome chicken curry with basmati rice for dinner. The smell was intoxicating.

American's tend not to eat curry too much, and for sure it's nothing like a british curry, but Jules has taught Olivia well in the art of a good curry! When we go home, we bring back curry powder & cook books just for Olivia to practice with.

Anyway Jules got home around 7, and opened all of the pressies we'd gotten her. I got her a spa treatment at the Red Door in Chevy Chase, and a coach purse that she's been looking for & a jar of the best face cream ever by sheseido. Olivia got her a gift certificate to her local nail salon, a gift certificate to her favourite hair salon, a pair of really sexy sandals for summer, and a $2,500 american express gift card so she can go get a new spring/summer wardrobe!!!!

Anyway, dinner, wine and cake were all great. I tried to tempt her to come out and meet up with some of her friends, but she had to be back at the gym at 5am, so she wanted a quiet night. I left around 10ish, and was so horny that I had to make a detour over to Brians, for a repeat of earlier!!!

And what a repeat it was! Practice DOES make perfect!

Anyway, when I did finally get home a little after midnight, I kicked off my shoes, and promptly walked into a table with my left foot. I let out such a loud yell that I woke up everyone. I was in complete agony. Ice bag, and 6 aspirin later, I was still in agony. I tell hubby I think that 3 toes are broken, and he says there's nothing the hospital can do for broken toes???? Is that right? Today, and 4 more aspirin this morning, and I'm still in agony with them. When I've done this before, it hurts for a bit, but then stops. I think I may have to go to the emergency room....

No comments: