Sunday, April 02, 2006

Poly....

I've been thinking a lot about my personal lifestyle recently, wondering were I fit in, in the label department. I'm bi. I'm a big believer in female supremacy, and I believe that you can have different relationships that fulfill different needs. Do I need a label?

Big Love on HBO is promoting a healthy poly lifestyle, which I'm sure the mormons are not happy about. A lot of swingers I've met tend to think that they are living a poly lifestyle, only they center it completely around sex. They tend not to socialize or have primary relationships with the other person(s) unless it's revolving around sex. To me, there's a big difference between swinging, and living a poly lifestyle. Polyamory weekly has great pod downloads.

I guess at different times in my life, I have sort of looked for this kind of poly relationship, and before my kids came on the scene, most recently I had a live in girlfriend for about 18 months, and before that had a live in male slave for about a year. I'm not sure that I want to "parade" this in front of my children, because they didn't make a choice to live in a non-traditional household. My husband, bless his heart, knew exactly what he was getting into when he married me...

No comments: